--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

quinta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2012

The Mind of a Writer: A Dangerous Thing

At http://venturegalleries.com/blog/the-mind-of-a-writer-a-dangerous-thing/

The Mind of a Writer: A Dangerous Thing

by Caleb Pirtle III


The mind of a writer is a dangerous thing. It is filled with humor or horror, mystery or romance, suspense or terror, the present or the past, truth or fiction, fantasy or odd moments that go bump in the night. Strange things live in the mind of an author. Writers may appear to be normal, and they are. But deep inside their brain, the ingredients are always at work weaving another twisted web. Here are the ways that Debra Chapoton and Pattie Ball write their novels. They know that ideas often take root and begin growing even before a writer realizes it.

Debra Chapoton, author of Edge of Escape: Recently a friend of mine asked me how my books were doing. We chatted a bit and then she said she wanted to write a book, too. A moment later she revised that statement and said what she really wanted was to be able to say that she had written a book. In that brief exchange she hit on two key elements: 1) desire to write and 2) editing.

1) Desire to write: My desire to write comes from my need to be creative and my propensity for having fun. For me, writing is playing. And I love to play with words. I am partial to nuance, tone, and connotations. I adore codes, subtleties, and details. I'm keen on inserting unexpected adjectives, choosing synonyms, and singling out idioms. Fun for me is rearranging, shaping, and molding the flow of words. I want to stab a scene with impassioned terms. Squeeze out a reader's tears with shades of emotion. And break the rules on... ( more at http://venturegalleries.com/blog/the-mind-of-a-writer-a-dangerous-thing/ )

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário