--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

quinta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2012

The English Language: Gotta love it

At http://writingwithbothsidesofmybrain.wordpress.com/2012/07/26/the-english-language-gotta-love-it/

The English Language: Gotta love it

July 26, 2012

Today we look at the English language again.  I LOVE language/words!   For a post on my other blog, I looked in a thesaurus trying to get a different way to say "Random Ramblings"  My favorite was "Promiscuous Ponderings'.  You can take a look here if you like.  I did not use that title, of course, but I sure was tempted.

The following (and the next two posts) comes from an e-mail I received.   I'd love to give credit, but it was anonymous.  I hope you enjoy as much as I did. :D

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture..

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert..

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes... ( more at http://writingwithbothsidesofmybrain.wordpress.com/2012/07/26/the-english-language-gotta-love-it/ )

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário